Well- for starters...
1. Work has been insane. Good insane, but insane nonetheless. We actually just launched some Speed Stick videos on YouTube... so if you're an 18-34 year old male who needs antiperspirant/deodorant, or a girl who wants to hear what ACTUALLY goes on his dudes' heads in certain situations... check them out! www.youtube.com/speedstick
2. Half Marathon Training! As some of you kids know, I'm running the NYC Half Marathon with the St. Jude Heroes team, and I couldn't be happier about this decision. For starters:
- All the money donated goes to the St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital, and as you know, that's near and dear to my heart- being on the Friends of St. Jude NYC Committee.
- Let's be serious: my calves and legs are getting super toned and that's perfect timing for spring (skirts/no tights- woo woo.)
- I'm working out/running because I HAVE to, which makes it a "duh" decision at the end of the day
- I can kinda eat whatever I want and because I'm burning 400-800 calories a day (on days I run,) I'm not gaining anything. I've actually lost a solid 5 lbs and have kept it off for over a month. (HURRAY!)
- PARTY TIME afterwards!
- Oh yeah, and the feeling of accomplishment I'll have after running 13.1 miles (and the ROUTE?! SO amazing! Central Park/Times Square/West Side Highway/South St. Seaport... I mean come on... so awesome.)
Also- if you haven't donated already, please do help (even $5 helps!)
3. Friends Visiting and Typical NYC Living. My friend, Katie, was visiting from Kansas City for the better part of the last month. My coworkers and I pulled her leg
She was here for work (we are coworkers,) but staying with me and our other coworker/friend. We tried our hardest to show her the best NYC experience- from going out at night to eating fun dinners, enjoying drinks, and I even took her to see SNL when I was able to score tickets from their open lottery I applied to last August (#WIN.)
|Obviously, she had to experience a fish bowl at Brother Jimmys.|
My cousin, Lindsey, came down this past weekend (her first time out and about in NYC!) and I showed her Times Square & Macy's. We had drinks with friends, and went to a special someone's birthday dinner/party until 3AM (undoubtedly one of the longest nights of her life!) She had a blast and I'm hoping she'll come down again when the weather is nicer and there's a ton more things to do in the city. Sister, Maddie, Gillie- if you're reading this, plan a weekend you can all come down and we can have a girls weekend :)
|The theme of the party was "Lumberjack Chic," hence the plaid.|
So, there you have it. There's been a lot going on this last month. I'm hoping to stock up on some good topics for the next few weeks to write to you about. Most notably:
- MBA (Mission Basically Adult)
- My Favorite Thought Catalog Blogs
- Typical Goings On of a 26 Year Old Chick in NYC during Spring 2012 (which I'm SURE will be your fave.)
DONATE TO MY RACE! www.mystjudeheroes.org/britt